Overview of Job Function:
The VP, Data Engineering will engage with our clients to design and create comprehensive data solutions through deep understanding of clients’ businesses and deep technical knowledge of available tools and architecture alternatives. The VP, Data Engineering’s primary responsibility is to conduct detailed data assessments and communicate assessment results, along with a recommended approach for data solutions, through a project engagement with client stakeholders. Internally, the VP, Data Engineering will work with the leadership team to develop new strategies, techniques, ideas and innovations to help our clients and grow our business.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Solve complex business challenges with enterprise data solutions
- Thoroughly assess client needs and lead effective strategic and technical engagements
- Respond to RFP’s and other customer inquiries in the sales process
- Maintain a thorough on-going knowledge of emerging modern data engineering technologies, as well as industry and market trends.
- Oversee projects to completion, ensuring technical best practices are followed and client expectations are met.
- Perform project duties as required, including project management, architecture, modeling, programming, analysis and documentation.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Communications, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in consulting services, particularly complex data warehouse and/or data analytics solutions
- Expert experience in dimensional data modeling
- Experience architecting traditional and big data solutions
- Knowledge and experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Programming capabilities in common languages (SQL, Python, Java, etc.)
- Knowledge of emerging market needs in data engineering technologies and analytics.
- Must have strong technical competency to understand and effectively communicate data-driven solutions
- Creative problem solver with sound judgment and high degree of integrity
- Effective written and verbal communications skills at all organizational levels
- Ability to multitask in demanding customer environments
- Willingness to travel throughout the U.S. as required
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply.